If you want to keep busy over the May bank holiday weekend why not cook or bake some of the delicious recipes on the Sligo CTC cookery corner. For something light on these nice sunny days why not try Mairead’s refreshing Lemony Roast Chicken Couscous. Thanks to our chef Lisa who sent in a family favourite ‘Meatballs’ or maybe bake some of Emma’s yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Enjoy 😋
Lemony roast chicken couscous
Ready in only 15 minutes!
Ingredients – Serves 4 Adults
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30ml of olive oil
- 300g of couscous
- 400ml of hot low-salt chicken stock
- 250g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g of toasted pine nuts
- For the dressing whisk together the lemon zest and juice, and olive oil.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the hot stock.
- Leave for about 10 minutes until the stock has absorbed.
- Mix in the tomatoes, pine nuts and chicken with the couscous and serve.
Recipe by Mairead