For Mental Health Week – “The Five Ways To Well-being” are simple, accessible and achievable for everyone.
- Talk to someone instead of sending an email
- Speak to someone new
- Ask how someone’s weekend was and really listen when they tell you
- Phone or meet someone you care about for a proper catch up
- Regular physical activity
- Go for a walk and make a conscious effort to notice the landmarks and landscape
- Have a “clear the clutter” day
- Go somewhere pleasant for lunch, away from your normal setting, and really savor the environment and the tastes and textures of your food
- Take notice of how people around you are feeling or acting.
- Do a course, do a crossword or Sudoku
- Research something you’ve always wondered about
- Volunteer to a local organisation
- Donate to a local charity supporting mental health
- Participate in local events and help raise awareness on mental health
|visit www.alive2thrive.ie or www.mentalhealthireland.ie for more information