Blueberry and Oats smoothie
· 2x Apple (helps balance blood sugar levels)
· 1x Orange (aids healthy digestion)
· 2x Bananas (contains slow-releasing sugars)
· 1x Avocado (omega- 3, healthy fats)
· Blueberries (antibacterial qualities)
· Flahavan’s Irish organic oats (helps lower cholesterol)
· Bran flakes (iron, fibre)
· A blender
· A trendy travel cup to take and go (optional)
1. Add three tablespoons of oats to a blender, followed by two tablespoons of bran flakes.
2. Dice up and chop up all of the fruits and throw them in on top.
3. Pour in about 2/3rd of a cup of water.
4. Blend right through to a smooth consistency.
5. Add blueberries last if you’d like them to remain in small chunks (they make it more visually appealing if wanting to serve to others).
6. If making them for a special occasion, garnish with some healthy chia seeds or bee pollen (optional).
(taken from spunout.ie)