Welcome back to all the trainees after the Easter holidays. I hope ye enjoyed the break and the beautiful weather. Although you are not attending the centre and doing your work from home, it is important to continue to keep up your healthy routine. Your routine may be affected by the COVID-19 outbreak in different ways but during difficult times like this, it is best if you can keep some structure in your day.
You may still be able to do some of the things you enjoy and find relaxing:
- Exercise regularly, getting outside and walking but keep within 2 kilometres of your home. Do an on-line exercise class.
- Keep regular sleep routines.
- Maintain a healthy balanced diet.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises/mindfulness.
- Read a book.
- Improve your mood by doing something creative.
There is a video on how routine can support your mental health. You can download this routine template and fill it in to support your day to day activities available on https://www.mentalhealthireland.ie/get-support/covid19/#supporting-ourselves