For more info go to: www.giy.ie
Some routine jobs:
- Thinning: Thin your salad leaves (rocket and oriental greens) down so that there is a 3cm gap between seedlings, if you want to aim for two or more harvests from them.
- Leave the salad leaves alone for one large harvest.
- Thin radishes to 3cm between each seedling.
- Thin spinach to 10cm between seedlings for now.
- Harvest all the leaves you’re thinning as you go for a microgreens salad.
- Weeding: Remove weeds between rows of carrot seedlings, ideally with a hoe.
- Remove weeds within carrot rows with a more precise tool, like a hand-hoe, trowel or your own hand.
- Thin carrot seedlings as you remove weeds within the row, leaving 5cm between each one.
- Supporting: Make sure to get supports in for your peas before they grow taller than 20cm.
- Use branches, bamboo canes or something upcycled as supports for your peas.