This bread is a tasty treat with the naturally sweet flavours from the banana, and this recipe is suitable for allergy sufferers. It is free from dairy, soya and nuts. Serves 10 Adults
60g / 2 oz of dairy-free margarine (alternatively, use ordinary margarine)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
50g / 2 oz of brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
188g / 6 ½ oz of plain flour
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 160⁰C / 325⁰C / Gas Mark 3.
2. Cream the butter and sugar, using an electric whisk.
3. Add the beaten egg and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well.
5. Add the mashed bananas to the cake mixture.
6. Grease a loaf tin and sprinkle a little four into the base, pour in the cake mixture.
7. Bake in the oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until a skewer pierces the cake and comes out clean.